Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reflection


As a student, it's so easy to get caught up in assignments and deadlines.  This summer, Dr. Wil urged me to take some time in reflection of how my courses and clinics are affecting in me, and what changes are happening in my way of thinking.  

Today, I was reminded of that when a professor asked us to write down what the greatest thing we learned today was or what is still unclear for us.  She said a lot of the same things Dr. Wil said this summer, "We learn information and we study information, but rarely do we think deeply about information."

As I'm reflecting even more, I realize how easy it is even in regular life to miss out on reflection.  I just finished a book yesterday and have already moved on to another.  I know I enjoyed the book while it lasted, but I didn't really stop to think about what I really liked about the book, what I didn't like about the book, if the book has changed any ways of my thinking, etc...And that's just one example!

Dr. Wil is the wisest person I know and I think this is because he spends time reflecting.  Wisdom comes from experience, but if one doesn't think about his experiences, how will he grow?

love the balloon reflection!
wehearit.com


No comments:

Post a Comment