Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Day.



 I have recently been striving to rid my thoughts and actions of negativity, but my weariness got the better of me, and I was quite rude to a classmate on Thursday night.  Later that evening, the ugly scene replayed in my head over & over.  I was embarrassed and disappointed in myself.

Friday morning, I read something that I had heard before, but this time it had greater meaning.  "God's love and mercies renew each morning."  As I pondered that thought, it made complete sense to me...Of course they do - I'm a new person every morning...forever changed from the experiences of the previous day, therefore God's love would be different and for that I'm thankful.

Later on in the day, I came across this beautiful quote:

"You decide every moment of every day who you are and what you believe in.  You get a second chance every second."

How perfect is that?!?  Every day we can make the decision of who we are & what we stand for 86,400 times...

 I feel liberated by this concept of self-forgiveness & compassion.  If I don't get it right one minute, it's ok, I can try the next.  I don't have to dwell on my mistakes, but learn from them and change. And in that change, In the power of recognizing that we get to choose who we are going to be every second, I think that's how the world is going to change.

(sorry for the "ramblyness", it's late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment