Tuesday, October 27, 2009

still.

So I kinda forgot about my challenges this weekend and today.

Friday I sorta did it. My challenge was to tell a child that they could change the world. I forgot about it. But I think I did empower a struggling teen girl to change her own world. I took a friend out to lunch and she laid it all out there for me of what is going on and has been going on in her life this past summer. She has made some choices that she regrets and has had a rough time getting out of that cycle. We talked about some ways of how to do that, but we were also realistic about how difficult it was going to be. It was definitely a good conversation - later on in the day she pointed out how I need to take my own advice...I kept using my stressing out as something that I'm working on as an example...and she saw me stress out!

I completely forgot to even look at my challenges for Saturday & Sunday. Monday was to be still for 10 minutes...this was tough! I got a text message within those 10 minutes, and that was really distracting to not look at it, but towards the end of the 10 minutes, I think I could have taken a nap! I definitely felt a lot better after stressing about how much needed to be done that day.

I saw my first fall leaf float to the ground tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment