Monday, October 18, 2010

Ray Lamontagne

The man is a genius.  His music speaks to my soul in ways that few musicians have.  What I find so incredible about him, is he didn't initially set out to be a musician.  While working in a factory, he heard Stephen Stills', "Treetop Fliers", and thought, "I could do that too," and yes, yes he can.

In a small way, Ray Lamontagne has made my life a little richer.  His music feels like a warm, cozy blanket on a drizzly, foggy morning.

While listening to him this morning, I was wondering what the world would be like if we followed our hearts.  What would happen if we did those things that made us happy, regardless of the risk involved?

Here's to the heart-followers....we definitely need more of them!


2 comments:

  1. i just bought the ray lamontagne and the pariah dogs cd.......... LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Ray Lamontagne is fantastic. I'm obsessed with listening to him when I bake, it's the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete