Monday, August 23, 2010

Sugar Daddy



Every August, our family goes to Campland by the Bay, an RV resort in San Diego.  The resort has scheduled daily activities and evening entertainment.  One night, Manny (my 9 year old cousin) rode his bike up to me and asked if I was going to the DJ dance party.  I then jokingly asked if he was going to take me.  He said he was and that it was a date.  About an hour before the dance, he came up, showered, wearing new clothes, cologne, and a necklace...all ready to go!

When the time came, we walked over to the cafe, where he bought me ice cream (his dad gave him money).  We ate our ice cream outside of the dance and watched for a bit.  He showed me a few of his moves, then we walked back. There is always something that marks that particular year that the rest of our family uses to recall that year...This past year was, "Remember the year Manny took Caiti on a date?"

Tonight, we went over to Manny's birthday party at the local pizza place/arcade.  Halfway through dinner he came over to the table and presented me with a ring he won from the prize machine...This kid is one smooth little guy!  Watch out ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment