Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sometimes.

 Sometimes I think I know what's best, I think I know what I need to do, who I need to be, where I need to go, the steps to take to get there...and then I realize that this, this right here is just fine.  Here, in the now, is exactly RIGHT.

Right now (as stated earlier this week) , I have a deep thirst for doing, for being, for making a difference.  My eyes are wide open to all the need that is around me and around the world.  I went to a Free the Slaves benefit this past week that really inspired me The only choice I have is to do something.

I had a couple of really great experiences at work this week.  No, I didn't miraculously "fix" a kid's "r", or teach him language in a great way...actually our session had nothing to do with speech or language.  After working with these 2 boys, I felt alive.  It was one of those experiences, that I felt, "Man, I was created for this very moment".   On my drive back to the office, I realized that this is what I want to do, this is what I am created to do.  I've learned that working with people, listening to them, helping them realize their potential is quite possibly my favorite thing on this planet.  This is how I can do something.  So, I began to toy with the idea of going back to school to become a licensed clinical social worker...To have the credential, to be "legit" at this....and to do this full-time...

But then I came across this yesterday:



Bingo...

I realized the beauty of these interactions are that they were natural...

And so here's to life with open arms...just as I am.

1 comment: