Monday, November 21, 2011

Happenstance.

Our lives are built upon these coincidences that I happen to believe are not coincidences at all.

This past quarter I have been struggling with what I am going to do when I'm done with school.  I have a vague idea of what I want to do, but have had no idea of how to actually achieve the steps to get from Point A (graduation) to Point B (beginning of my dreams).  Last week I went to the ASHA (American-Speech-Hearing & Language) National Convention and was able to get some good tips on those first steps.

Enter Happenstance.

This past weekend I played wing-man for a dear friend. (And I played it well, I might add).  During the evening I had a great conversation with another* in the group that built upon everything I was experiencing that week.  I explained my dream of traveling speech (stateside) and my current thirst for adventure.  He asked what my dream job would be and I replied traveling internationally, living in spots for up to a year, practicing speech path.  He replied, "Ok, do it."  Which my reply was, "I don't speak tongues."  And he said, "So learn."

It's an incredible feeling when you feel as if the stars have begun to align for you and you slices of the potential that is to come.

weheartit.com





*I just wanted to add that this individual is only in the states this week only...kind of adds to the "happenstance" of it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment