Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ownership

"Send out Your light and Your truth; let them guide me.  Let them lead me to Your Holy mountain, to the place where You live." - Psalm 43:3

The author is making a real request to God.  I feel like he's saying, "God, I want to know You and I want You in my life.  I want to be close to You, I want to do right by You.  Most of all, I want to feel Your love."

I feel that I'm at the cusp of growing up.  I am starting to realize that I really need to take ownership of my life and that I have to make life happen.  Living is not a passive process...existing is, but who wants to just exist?  Lately I've been thinking about who I am, who I want to be, what's important to me, and how all of those things need to somehow come together.  I am at the stage of my life where I need to lay the foundation for making my dreams into reality.  I need to start living my life - going on the trips I said I would, doing the things that make me happy, and being with the people I love.  (I guess this is what I think about during hot sleepless summer nights).  As I read this verse this morning, it really stuck out to me.   It reminded me yet again that I need to include God in all of these plans, or invite Him to guide me...As I look back and see where God has intervened, I've always reflected on what an incredible experience that was.  I am definitely excited to be alive right now and can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

My prayer is that I continue to take ownership of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment