Monday, September 14, 2009

country music.


This time of year is always a little rough.  At home we are all on edge and not quite sure how to relate to one another.  As I left the house this morning to go grocery shopping, I was feeling pretty bitter, angry, and depressed.  The day was definitely not going as I had envisioned it to.  I didn't have motivation to do much and was afraid that it was going to be yet another wasted day. After grocery shopping, I hopped back in my car, and Kenny Chesney's song, "Never Wanted Nothin More" came on.  I started singing along and it completely changed my mood.  I love the lyrics, "I'm what I am and what I'm not.  I'm sure happy with what I've got."  I realized I was spending way too much energy on being bitter.  The rest of they way home I marveled at how big/great/fun God is.  He totally spoke to me through a country song.  I just really felt like He was saying to me, that I didn't have to spend the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself, He created this day for me to enjoy.  I may not be perfect, and this life may not be perfect, but God loves me and is happy with me anyways and "I never wanted nothin more!".

The rest of the day turned out to be quite delightful.  I worked in the yard, went to the library (!), ran some errands, and made a yummy dinner while listening to some great jazz.  I also spent some time on my hammock this afternoon reading.  


P.S. The picture is not of Kenny Chesney...I just liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment